Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Week 42 - 2006

1.
This week I'll start with an e-mail I got from my cousin Rande:

" Tor og Anna,
My favorite acoustic guitarist,
Tommy Emmanuel, is playing in Oslo on November 16th. I have attached the website of the venue in Oslo. Call Haakon and Ingelin to go with you, maybe Nikolas and Reuben, too! I guarantee you will have a good time. He always stays after the concert to sign (autograph) CD's and pictures. His personality and guitar playing will put a smile on your face:-) !
Hugs - Rande"

I heard
Tommy Emmanuel first time when Rande played him in the car when driving in the Bay Area. I couldn't believe it was only one person playing.

2

There's so much struggle and stupid wars going on around the world, I simply come to think about this one

Buffalo Soldier – Yes, it's Bob Marley

3

Last night I to my surprise discovered our old scrapbook from Chile and Argentina laying under our kitchen sofa/bed. Who had put it there?

However, I sat down reading it and then came music into my ears and heart.

El Corazon Del Pueblo (The Heart Of The People)

Cielo Andino

4

Weekend is approaching. TGT? Huu? Thanks God it's Thursday (derived from my name: Tor; i.e. Torsday. So I have my day every week. Then what:

Let’s dance from David Bowie

5

Waking up this morning, what did I do but listen to the

Rythm of the Rain by the Cascades

6

Could I be a warmer place? Yes, at least it feels like it when listning to:

Antonio Carlos Jobim

7

I'll finnish where I startet: In the SF Bay Area with a very fine jazzmusician and composer, born in Concord, CA, Dave Brubeck and his

Take Five

Have a good week

No comments: